Wednesday, September 22, 2004

geek-vodka-bread-moustache-stomach-mobster situation

I have been accused of being a geek because I have a blog. I didn't realize that blogs and geeks were so closely linked. I always thought I was a geek (thanks to Lena, my witty friend from TO, who is really witty btw. She's also a geek) long before the beginning of my blogging adventures. I guess now it's official. To anyone who is thinking of starting a blog, beware!! cause it's a geeky thing to do!

On to more geeky topics..

Saturday I'm planning on hitting the Black Dog (with a baseball bat) (oh man, i am a geek cause I think that such stupid puns are actually funny) for some beer and such. Say goodbye to my friends. And the Black Dog. And Canadian beer. And Whyte Ave I guess. Then I'm hoping to convince some cool people that staying up all night is a good idea and head over to Y, because Hatiras, some house dj dude from TO (Hey Lena, do you know him? He has dark hair and is kinda tall and sometimes carries around records) is playing. Apparantly.

This type of occasion has alot of potential to be sad. On the bright side, beer in Russia, along with most other things, is cheap. It's true what they say..Vodka is ridiculously cheap. Unfortunately, whenever I drink vodka, I get a horrendous stomach ache..it kind of feels like the vodka is eating through my stomach. So maybe I'll pass on the vodka. Or maybe I'll carry around a stash of bread..(a moustache?) Apparantly they drink it at dinner. Shots of it. Maybe they eat bread for supper. If only I could be that lucky.. yeesh.. other people think they have problems? They obviously haven't encountered the vodka-stomach-bread-mobster situation. Not yet anyways.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy!

I just thought I have to comment on that just because...because. Please take care of you and don't get hit by a beeping van 'cause it may be that guy who was asking us if we wanna come to his place...sorry - if we know a good doener place in calgary... I'll ask Tim if he has some new CDs for you so we won't get bored in Kaliningrad...I mean - NO. You won't get bored anyways.

Ene mene Miste I am writing a ridiculous crap...Better stop it...

MfG crazy german c

PS You want to know where the sense of this comment has gone or why I have so much time writing in your blog? I am so sorry but I have absolutely no idea...Maybe the sense already went to Fiji...

Anonymous said...

Heya AIMERS!!!
Whoa, NO BEER for YOU!!! That is awful, GASP!! Hope the butterfly B.S. has stopped. How was that lovely bus ride and what were your first impressions upon arrival? I hope you're flying high and that the residents of Kaliningrad are super nice to swanky Canadian chicks armed with 100+ Cds or so. Anyways, I wanted to drop a line to say HOLA and that I miss your dudeness already!!! Please post your mailing address if possible so that I (and anyone else who follows up on your adventures) can harass you through the mail as well..hehehehehe... Mach's Gut!

Krzesinski (the Anonymous one, not the one you know as C.)