Monday, July 25, 2005

LIES! LIES! (coming to edmonton Oct. 4) (THI) trust in humanity index

I had a nice weekend. Friday night, I went out to Jenn's cabin, along with some other crazy kids. BOoze and Balderdash.. the 2 B's of fun, let me tell ya. My favourite was Jenn's definition of the word stallko:

"stallko, as in Elvis Stallko, world figure skating champion, sorry about my speech impediment."

I'm very intruiged/frightened/entertained by a movie that's coming out called "the devil's rejects." I have no idea what it's about, but I want to see it just cause I'm curious. What could you possibly do that would earn you a the rejection stamp from the devil? You'd think that as the severity of your cruel deeds increases, so would the devil's admiration of you.
Rob Zombie will have to teach me a thing or two. The music mastermind already taught me about digging through ditches, and burn through witches. did he change his last name to zombie or is that just one of those weird coincidences that adds texture and meaning to our lives?

in other boring news,
some jerk stole my bike last week, my Trust in humanity index is declining steadily.

i went to the tortoise concert yesterday, and it was loud and entertaining. the music's not really my "sound" but the band was entertaining to watch. I've never seen a drummer sweat so much. drugs? enthusiiam? lack of oxygen of stage? not sure, but he was into it.

I hung out with my dad a bit this weekend which I enjoyed. He took me for breakfast, and I wasn't even hung over so I could have a conversation with him!

I discovered somthing very fun at Jenn's cabin -- swimming in a lake in the dark when it's raining. along with seadoing in the dark in a lake when it's raining. except the rain hurts your face. I guess that's the price you have to pay..

and one last thing!!!- Broken Social Scene---CHECK THIS OUT IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.. or something..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you referencing the fact that Arcade Fire is coming to e-town on October 4th?

Tessa said...

ARE THEY? We must go!

Anonymous said...

yes and yes

ps. steve you're so wise
pps. tessa is it ok if it's a tuesday?!?!?!?!?!

Tessa said...

Of course it's okay it's a tuesday...I don't start school until noon everyday in fall term.

I've decided that after a year of working full time, my last year of school is going to be slacker-ific!

amy said...

slacker-ific.. i like the sound of that..like terrific, but more slacking involved.. cool

Anonymous said...

"Devil's Rejects" is supposed to be some sort of sequel to "House of 1000 Corpses", which you may or may not remember.

If not, I suggest you watch that one first before spending any money on the sequel. I guess it depends how strong a stomach you have and how big a fan of cheesy 70s horror you are.