Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Real time vs. Night time

A few weeks ago, I was looking at the free postcards/advertisements that are available at a local pub while I was sipping my beer. And some dude approached me and said.. "that postcard you're looking at? I was involved in the photo shoot," and I was like (sarcastically) "oh wow cool" and my drinking partner was like "we should send you one of these postcards" and then he wrote his adress on it.. and I wrote a little beer influenced scribble and put a stamp on it.

Then his friend came over, and I thought it was only fair if he got one too. So, another scribble on that one. Throw a stamp on it. Pretty simple. Innocent fun.. the kind I like best.

Then the next week, same place, same time, they were like "we got out postcards in the mail, thanks so much, we thought you were joking! It's so strange that people do something in "real time" that they say they're going to do in "drinking time" "who does that?" They introduced me to one of their friends as "the nice girl who sent them postcards", and after talking to this friend for awhile, after the 2 dudes left, he leans over and say: "do I get a postcard?" How could I say no? So he got a postcard too.

Basically, I just really like postcards. It's like a picture, and a letter combined into one. I have a bit of a collection of postcards.. I didn't think there could be any negative consequences as a result of my postcard writing.

Then last night, i met the 2 original postcard receivers.. and they started warning people about me. They had talked to their friend, and found out that I send him a postcard too. (he told the story as if I was just dying to send him a postard..) Here they thought they were special, then they came to the conclusion that I'd send out these postcards to everybody and their dog. (if dogs could read, i would send them postards too but that's besides the point)

So, now for the sad part.. I have been dubbed the post-card slut...

You try to be honest and do something nice, and before you can say (or spell) missasauga, you're a postcard slut.

what a world..

sincerely,
amy, the postcard slut

PS If you want a postcard, just give me your address (preferably whisper it in my ear or write it on a used coaster) (with postal code) and I'll do what I do best..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha...I like that post. I'd like to see these guys :D

GoFlamesGo