Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I had a great visit with Tessa, and I love the Schwarze Hund, perro negro, chien noir, chiorny piez, etc.

it seems somebody has some intereting perspectives (sarcasm font) on the whole living forever thing that I mentioned before.. the one the nice Jehova's Witness brought up..

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: “ I would not live forever! , because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever”.
Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest.

Ah, it gets better.. let's play a game called "name what's wrong with our society" I'll start.. with the help of some famous people..

“We’ve got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?”
Lee Iaccocca

“We don’t necessarily discriminate. WE simply exclude certain types of people.”
Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC Instructor

“Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.”
Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign.
(wow, that was profound, I think I'll quit smoking now (sarcasm font))

"So yeah.. do not attribute to malice what can merely be explained by stupidity". Sometimes I wish there were more smart malicious people around.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

I had an awesome time too! And made it back pretty much in one piece.

Supposedly Mariah Carey didn't actually say that quote. You can read all about it on one of my favourite websites, snopes. http://www.snopes.com/quotes/carey.