Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It's all Gone Pete Tong

I went to It's All Gone Pete Tong yesterday.. It was really good. Good enough to write about it here.

It's set in Ibiza, which is a beautiful party island, i gotta say i enjoy the international locales for movies and otherwise..

There was dance music everywhere!!

There were some austrian dudes who spoke german! (whether or not there's some german that I actually understand somehow incorporated into the movie usually makes it or breaks it for me.. and they interviewed Paul Van Dyk briefly, who is um basically awesome and he's from germany.. but he was speaking english, with a german accent..so that counts for something i think)

It's about a very famous very popular very rich very drug addicted dj who eventually ends up completely losing his hearing.. it shows him making it big, then going deaf and denying it, the wife leaving him problem, the nobody wanting to talk to him cause he was suddenly useless problem, then some (aka a huge amount) of trouble coping with it.. and then his come-back.. which I didn't actually expect, I mean I kind of assumed he wouldn't ever have a come-back.. a deaf dj? give me a break.

So, in the end (sorry to ruin it) you kind of get the feeling that this guy is actually better off having gone deaf. And I'll admit that I have a soft spot for stories where something completely horifying happens and something good arises from it.. (at least that's how they made it seem in the movie... and the movie must be the truth.. cause it was based on the truth, right?)

JA JA DAS IST GUT!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I spread the news of this awesome site far and wide:

http://horsehater.blogspot.com/

-- McQueen