Monday, June 20, 2005

unofficial unfinished unedited unsensical underpriveledged Love it, remix it!

today i'm having a bad hair day. Even after I put it into a pony tail, it still sticks straight out. people spend hours and hours trying to get their hair this wacky. all i have to do is .. nothing!
A jehovah's witness came to read some passages from the bible to me while I was waiting for the bus. The passage he chose was something to do with "wouldn't it be amazing to live in peace?" and "wouldn't it be amazing to live forever?" He wasn't as cute as the mormons that accosted me last time, but I still listened to his spiel. I thought about what he said.. seemed a bit rhetorical..do you like peace? of course I like peace. but i can't go around promoting peace or telling people they should just be peaceful.. i've never lived anywhere where there's been some type of conflict. Nobody ever stole my land, killed my mom, blew up my puppy, etc. So I can't really be too self-righteous about how everybody should be peaceful.. All I know is that I don't even get along with my brother. I'm thinking until I achieve peace within my own family, I can't tell anybody about "peace".

And the second part of his spiel.. "do you want to live forever?". I thought about it, and had my bus not come, I would have told him that I didn't want to live forever. Forever is a long time. And why should I get to live forever when everybody else only got to live like .. less than forever. And doesn't life mean something because we know it'll end? (some might argue about this) If I knew I was gonna live forever, I wouldn't DO ANYTHING! Procrastination to the max, let me tell ya. I could do that tomorrow, or next week, or next year or next decade or next century.. so it would be the opposite of the profound "what would you do if you knew you were to die tomorrow?" THAT 24hrs. is meant to be very efficient.

wait a minute, I guess this would all depend on the details of this "living forever" would I be healthy? Will my body just freeze at a certain age? Will I just look 21 forever? That could be interesting. I could seriously be transient and travel around wtih multiple lives.. but it would be depressing.. cause you'd have to relocate few years, after your friends get old and realize that you're NOT getting old. Weird. weird. weird. I could devote tons of time to mastering all languages, maybe even english. I would be seriously creepy though. Definately give off some bad vibes.

Okay, there's a dude out the window who is standing in the middle of the street. He might be waiting for the bus, but you'd think he should use a bus stop for that. He kind of steps back only if a car comes.. it's a bit creepy actually. maybe somebody told him he's gonna live forever..??

oh yeah, thank you misstress barbara. i'm not sure if i like her cause I know she's a girl or if her being a girl so that makes me enjoy her mixes more.. like i can sense her gender in each track.. (??????) the only reason she's successful is cause she mixes as flawlessly as a guy, so that can't be it. germans have an expression "die bewegt mich" which means "it moves me" and not in a physical way either.. althought that too, cause I could dance to this. I think this expression applies. Und es ist auch ein Ohrwurm VIEL Spass noch!

and postsecret.blogspot.com is pretty entertaining (the word entertaining is very ambiguous), i recommend it..

4 comments:

geekbot said...

If I lived forever, I'd get myself a temple atop some Himalayan mountain. People would journey to the farthest reaches of the Earth, simply to bask in my infinite wisdom.

Anonymous said...

I'm a strong supporter of living forever. It would be so cool to be a 1000 year old vampire, no?

There is a lot of philosophy written on this topic, but it basically comes down to the "free will versus fate" argument that is never settled. You gotta pick a side.

If you were immortal you could choose when you wanted to die (I'm talking about the kind of immortality where disease does not exist, so getting hit by a bus or a gun shot to the head would obviously kill you). But many people believe that we die when were are supposed to die, that there is a reason for everything, which, as an existentialist agnostic hippy, I have a lot of trouble buying into. I think that having the choice, to decide when I wanted to opt out rather than get struck down with a brain tumor 3 months before my child is born, would be very empowering.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure the JW guy was talking about living forever in heaven rather than some gothic vampire paradise in an underground club in Eastern Europe. But if he is talking about the latter, sign me up! I wanna live to be 1000 years old!

-- McQueen

amy said...

we're not talking 1000 yrs., we're talking about forever.
and why does he care if a complete stranger (me) will go to heaven or not?

geekbot said...

Well, I sure hope you don't.
I mean, I'd like to at least know one person down there in Hell. :P