Monday, June 13, 2005

Reality is for people who can't face drugs

David Letterman's top ten numbers between 1 and 10

10.............seven
9.............. eight point five
8............... three
7............... four
6. ..............eight
5. ..............one
4............... ten
3................ two
2. ...............nine
and the number one number between one and ten is.. 6 and 5 (it's a tie)

I'm not sure if it's actually funny or not, but for some reason I can't stop laughing about this.

I had a decent weekend. Nothing too crazy went on, but I'm still not especially eager to focus devoted attention to my job for the next 70% of my awake hours for the next 5 days.. I wonder if there's any type of weekend that I could have that would make me want to go to work. Maybe if my apartment flooded, I'd be happy to go to work, cause it would be dry. Or maybe if my apartment burned down, i'd be happy to go cause it wouldn't be charcoaly and stinky. or maybe I should just stop bitching, shower and go to sleep.. that's one of my pet peeves.. (thus making me a huge hypocrite).. when people work for the majority of the day and then spend the rest of the day complaing about their job. It's sad that the free time is spent complaing about how the non-free time wasn't free time.

Now that I'm onto the topic of pet peeves, I might as well share more of my ignorant opinions. I don't want to offend anybody here!! (or do I?)
- LOW FAT BUTTER! almost as ridiculous as NO FAT BUTTER. Butter IS fat! I think butter is hebrew for fat! (oh wait, no) Either eat it and love it or find something else to eat. like oysters. or pancakes. or margarine.

- U of A sweatshirts worn by U of A students.. (same goes for all other universities and college "gear")
"so, what do you DO WITH YOU LIFE?" .. go to school?????are you a full-time student or what?!! what school, huh? Dalhousie? Brock? buy expensive ugly sweatshirts much? put your fashion sense and/or creativity into the paper shredder lately???" That's what I thought. It's like they think they're better than everybody because they go to the U of A.. and they have to share this with the world, as if the world cares..
I hate to break it to you, but there is no prestige in the U of A.. ever since they let me in.. well that's all the things that have bugged me a bit over the past few hours. MORe to come, i'm sure. WHEEEEE!!!!
SLEEP tight and remember boys and girls to dream while you're awake and complain while you're sleeping.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to add cats and Goldie Hawn to your list to stupid things.

My own private hell would be to be locked in a room full of cats, Joan Rivers, Goldie Hawn, AND fat free butter.

-- Steve McQueen

Tessa said...

um...my brother bought me a UVic sweatshirt for Christmas, and I wear it. Are you still going to be my friend?

amy said...

i suppose, but that's cause you don't go to UVic. People will say, "so, you go to UVic?" and you'll say "no! gotcha!"

Anonymous said...

Seven...a very underRated number....and I'm lovin the complaining!

geekbot said...

Yeah. You can't blame people for wearing "academic gear", it helps them with their self-esteem to be reminded that they have an education... of any kind.

Oh, and is that joke funny? Of course not. Don't be silly. It's Letterman.