Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Poor Little Rich Boy

So, it's wednesday, that day in the middle of the week.. you all know what I'm talking about. We just had a staff meeting, so my fun-quota has been reached for this week.. possibly month..

I am a pretty happy camper (although i'm not camping) today because I received an awesome package in the mail with a shirt that says: "In Soviet Russia, shirt wears you" which i think is very appropriate for a shirt. It came from this really cool girl named Tessa ( I think) But I'm a bit confused about how the package came from Toronto and she lives in Vancouver. How'd she do that?

On the topic of the Soviet Russia, this guy I know named Fox recommended Regina Spektor's album Soviet Kitsch, and it is pretty good. I've been listening to it today. Along with Roisin Murphy, who is the singer from Moloko. And how does this relate to the Soviet Union? Well, Moloko is the Russian word for milk. And I bought the Moloko album while I was in Russia.. see how this is all connected?

Now let's jump past Soviet Russia and onto modern Russia. Apparantly (so I hear) all boys there have to go to the army for 2 years! like 720 days! The only way to get out is if you pay a doctor to get a note (it's a pretty expensive note) or somebody else that knows somebody else who can scratch your name off the list or you go to a University that offers military courses.. which somehow replace military duty.. or if you don't have a penis.. you're automatically disqualified.

Sorry to state the obvious here, but this is not fair. If you don't have money, you are under-fed, under-sexed, under-payed and physically abused for 2 years. And by the time you're out, you can't get into school cause you're too old, and you need to recover from the 2 years of physical emotional and alcohol abuse. Women don't have to do this, cause they gotta make babies who will grow up and join the army ... see how this is all connected? me neither.

and.. to leave this post on a happy note.. I will put up a picture.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Yeah it was from me. And the fact that it came from Toronto was me using a little bit of magic...or possibly the internet. Or both...