Wednesday, July 06, 2005

the day between sunday and tuesday

well i feel i should tell a story about that day in the past.. some call it the day between sunday and tuesday, but i just call it monday, it's much easier.
so i was riding my bike to work. it's a new thing for me. (take the commuter's challenge!! WHOO) and.. well. half way there, there's this giant piece of glass that conveniently wedged itself into my tire and I hear this sound.. like a deflating tire.. and then i realize that my tire is flat. I tried to ignore this small obstacle and keep going, but people passing in cars pointed at me and laughed..
and then pedestrians are like "you're tire is a little low!" and I was like "a little low? there's absolutely no air in it! don't talk to me anymore unless you have something helpful to contribute." I took the glass out and kept it. Maybe I'll make it into a necklace.

Then I went to work and that 8 hrs. was a bit of a blur. I'm sure lots of exciting things happened, i just can't remember.

Then I took the bus home (my bike is out of order as of that morning) to find Tessa who made corn on the cob, which is the best summer meal ever! and we ate outside on the balcony and watched weirdo's. Then we strolled across the bridge to have an enjoyable evening at the Black Dog, where I bumped into a girl from high school i hadn't seen forever.. who has a recent tattoo across her chest that says "be true to yourself" or something along those lines. This is a tattoo i approve us. totally original, totally meaningful, and in an uncommon spot. Then I saw Peter, who a few days ago I was thinking about.. something like.. "I wonder if Peter died.. he should be back from Sweden by now." and sure enough, he's alive and well, so no need to keep worrying about that.

And then, we returned home .. to realize that neither of us had a key to get in. My roomate moved out 3 days ago, and not once while he was sleeping inside had I forgot a key. But once he left! Time to lock the keys inside. So Tessa did some constructive panicking, I did some unconsructive laughing.. we tried to wake up several people who could have helped.. to no avail. I tried to climb in the window.. but I'm too short.. if I were spiderman, I wouldn't have had any trouble. Eventually, we woke up the building manager and he came with a ladder.. and I climed up and jumped in headfirst.. it was kinda fun. Except the bruises. Luckily there was a bed there to soften the landing. We made it inside. Alive and well. All's well that end's well, right?

3 comments:

amy said...

megan F.

geekbot said...

Personaly, I like to call it "Ugh..." but "Monday" also works. I'd make more jokes about Monday's and such, but I wouldn't want to get sued by Jim Davis. :P

Tessa said...

I'm not sure how constructive my panic-ing was, but it's nice of you to say all the same.