Friday, April 29, 2005

La guitaristic house organisation

Friday night's alright for fighting, and i've decided that my ear hurts. Maybe I have an ear infection. I remember having an ear infection when I was a wee lad.. oh wait I wasn't a wee lad, but when I was younger than I am now, I think I remember my ear hurting like it does now. And I had an ear infection then.

So I'm at work, and my mom just called me and said she would be very very late picking me up. So I'm stranded here until traffic gets moving and she can come rescue me.

Yesterday, I travelled to Mayerthorpe for my job. I used my bosses vehicle cause I don't have one, and hoped to get everything done there in one day, and it all went well except that I decided it would be a good idea to combine my city-instincts of locking the doors with my country-girl insticts which involve leaving the keys in the car. This was instict combining gone wrong, let me tell ya. Cause my keys were locked in the car, along with my jacket, wallet, camera (I thought I could make some nifty photos of my stupidity) and any phone numbers which might have been useful in fixing my predicament. Luckily, there was a very nice man who helped me break into my car. In 2 hours. I was glad that I had my clipboard with me outside the car, so i could look very professional while wanting to start crying like a baby.. I am very grateful fo their kindness..

So, I finally start driving home. I got about 45 minutes away, and stopped to get a coffee.. and you'll never guess what I found in my purse, but the keys to the Mayerthorpe swimming pool. And, to be perfectly honest, I didn't really need the keys to the Mayerthorpe Swimming pool. I mean, it's empty, and it's only open June-August, so there's really no need for keys. Plus, the town of mayerthorpe probably might think they're important. So, I turned around and drove them back. Energy savings right there..

Anyways, in other news, it's snowing outside. I still, despite having lived in Edmonton my whole life, am not familiar with Edmonton weather patterns. Is this normal? Something about May long weekend and wearing tights after labour day seems to be sticking in my mind as some sort of basis for something.. but overall I'm just confused as I sit here, listening to Four Tet, wondering if my mom will make it through the storm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is why you should move here. Also why Tessa should stay.

Anonymous said...

Four Tet is amazing Amy - did it help? (were you listening to 'Rounds'?)

geekbot said...

Did the breaking in of your vehicle involved a coat hanger? That's how I do it. :P

amy said...

"Rounds" definately helped and there was a coat hangers involved.. i think 2!
and stop tempting me, amanda!!