Thursday, December 30, 2004

i'm back in canada and have 15 minutes to use the computer. so this will be full of typos and might not make much sense.

but i want to say happy new year!! sorry i don't have time to write you personal emails, but i'm thinking about yous and yeah hpapy new year!

this emial is mostly from my grandpa. And for Roloph Heinen. Grandpa, please tell him this story. And it's for you too mom.

so, I was checking in my baggage at the Heathrow Airport in London, England. And the lady next to me checking in was apparantly from Medicine hat. And the guy working at her counter asked her if she know Roloph Heinen, cause he's from Medicine Hat. And the lady was like "no! I have no clue who that is" and I stuck my head over to his counter and said "I know Roloph Heinen!! He's my grandpa's best friend!!" And this guy, Migual, spanish.. was very exciting that I knew him. And he told me to tell Roloph Heinen that he considers Mr. Heinen to be the most amazing man he has ever met.

Migual, this spanish dude who immigrated to London and now works for the Air CAnada Office in Heathrow Airport was traveling around CAnada in 1994 and was hitchhiking near Lethbridge, when a kind man stopped and picked him up. This man was.. you guessed it.. Roloph HEinen. so Roloph offers to not only give him a ride, but also bring him into his home and feed him and talk with him and make him feel very very welcomed. This Migual guy now considers Roloph to have the biggest heard out of any other man he has ever met. (I told him jokingly that he obviously hasn't met my grandfather)

I felt like I was in the twilight zone or something. Heathrow Airport has about 300000 people working in it, and AirCanada has about 20 checkin desks.. but there I was.. talking about Roloph heinen and how my grandpa and him go waaay back..

anyways, it's a small world.

I'm back in Canada and I love it. People are so friendly, I can communicate. We're picking up the Russians at the airport at 11pm and then heading to our camp. First some Tim Hortons. Don't it always seem to go... that you don't know what you got till it's gone..





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back pumpkin.