Thursday, December 22, 2005

krassmas

It's that time of the year. Yep, time to update blogs.

Oh wait, it's actually time to wrap Christmas presents and eat cookies and wonder if your loved ones will appreciate the gifts you've spent weeks trying to pick out for them. It seems to me like Christmas is always a bit of pressure. How can you quantify you feelings for somebody through some material object? "hey mom, thanks for spending the last 8000 days being a fully functioning parent and going out of your way to make sure that I'm safe and sound and fed and have a roof over my head, etc. So, yeah I'm really quite thankful, and to prove it, I present you with this lovely.. scarf? It even matches your jacket, which means I obviously appreciate you a great deal..." Well I guess what I'm trying to say is there's really no possible way to express gratitude through gifts. But I kind of feel like I have to.. there must be a word for this? catch 22? oh no, that's something to do with the war.

Christmastime last year, I was.. dancing all night at a nightclub called "Vagonka" in Kaliningrad. It was very non-christmas-like, but still so much fun. I gave one gift and I received one gift. Which was great.

Well, I've just discovered the Futureheads and they are SPLENDID. LIke Splenda, but sweeter with less brain cancer. Ok, not like Splenda, Like Bloc Party, but spelled correctly.

Anyways, I hope everybody has a gigantically fabulous holiday season, with plenty of desert wine, poultry, and awkward gifts you don't know what to do with.

And please don't tell my mom I got her a scarf.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the Vagonka xmas! Hope all is well...i'm visiting april 1 as I have tickets to a flames oilers game :)

Ryan

Tessa said...

Merry Christmas!

The Chairman said...

Like Lawrence of Arabia desert wine? Like Gobi Desert wine? Okay I could pun until I'm blue in the face but I won't get everyone that satisfaction. AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRICA