Monday, February 28, 2005

"The only things worth learning cannot be taught"

oh wow i'm a bit wound up at the moment. Galya and I just went with the boss of the human rights commision to cbc radio cause he was doing an interview about gay marriage/gay adoption and the reporter asked galya and I to do an interview with him after and we got a tour of the radio/tv building!

This reporter guy introduced us to everybody working there. one lady was updating her blog..on "blogger" and I innocently said under my breath "wow, blogger" and she totally heard me and gave me a stare tha burnt through the side of my head. she closed the window and started to plot my death in her mind.. I was just so excited that middle-aged reporters on islands use blogger to divulge all the juicy details of their lives just like me that I had to put my shock into words.. She probably wrote about this nosy little punk from Edmonton who was spying on her at work. Just as I write about her... Maybe my advanced nosiness is a sign that I should be a reporter.. wait a minute.. she's a reporter.. you'd think she'd understand..

We were joking about taking over the building using force so we could come on the evening news and say "hi" to friends and family. That would be pretty cool if my grandparents are just innocently watching cbc evening news when I pop up and start waving like a lunatic..
We told him about how people think Galya and I are lesbians and one guy stopped us on the street to ask us if we were reallly lesbians.

I'm a bit nervous about our interview.. I think he'll cut and paste and make us look like eco-terrorists lesbians. Whatever, if people are gonna be gossiping about us, I might as well give them something juicy to gossip about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure to say on air that you're prejudiced against all races and you'll do just fine.

- Steve McQueen

Anonymous said...

thanks for the PR advice, steve!
It was on this morning but we missed it! but 3 people out of the 5 we've seen so far today said we sounded good.. yeah..
right...

geekbot said...

I hear Galia made a good promo for public transportation on the Island! Radio stations are fun! I had a blast when I did my interview on Radio Canada. All in all, I hope you had fun too. Umh... back to you Steve.