Sunday, October 03, 2004

We fly out tomorrow. I'm getting butterflies. But these butterflies are mean.
I feel like I have tons of things to do, when really I don't, it's just 2 big things that I'm paranoid about forgetting.

Did anybody know that grocery stores aren't open on Sundays in Halifax? Why didn't you tell me?
I went swimming oh what a great time that was.. I had the whole pool to myself I guess nobody in this city swims?! I guess they are all crazy. So after my swimming adventure I feel much more confident as embark on my journey to save the world.

We had an awesome session yesterday afternoon with 2 people who have done the program. (one of the ladies is "best friends" with the Russian organization head and she's been there like 5 times so she knew her stuff like it was nobodys business)
So my fears are pretty much calmed and I'm ready to get the show on the road. I'm debating whether I need more cd's before I go.. for example.. I lost my Garden State Soundtrack (apparantly I left it at the library in Edmonton!?) so if anybody wants a Garden State Soundtrack they can just go to the library and say they're me and they'll get one oh what a great time that would be. I hope you enjoy it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya AIMERS!!!
Whoa, NO BEER for YOU!!! That is awful, GASP!! Hope the butterfly B.S. has stopped. How was that lovely bus ride and what were your first impressions upon arrival? I hope you're flying high and that the residents of Kaliningrad are super nice to swanky Canadian chicks armed with 100+ Cds or so. Anyways, I wanted to drop a line to say HOLA and that I miss your dudeness already!!! Please post your mailing address if possible so that I (and anyone else who follows up on your adventures) can harass you through the mail as well..hehehehehe... Mach's Gut!

Krzesinski (the Anonymous one, not the one you know as C.)

Tessa said...

Gads! I know not what I'd do without my Garden State soundtrack.

Hopefully you'll beable to survive without it. It'll be hard, but I'm sure the joy of living with a different culture will take your mind off this terrible loss.

Can't wait to hear of your adventures.