Thursday, August 18, 2005

Aphrodite: goddess of love (not that kind of love) or Whiterock has the most sun per capita or..

well, shambhala was a fun time. i wore an fluorescent orange bathing suit, got to visit my grandparents on the way there, which is always a nice, relaxing time. My grandma provided us with enough food for pretty much the entire journey, along with sunscreen, washclothes, socks and gatorade (which is btw the best hangover cure ever, not that I would need that)) Thanks granny!

I got to see my cousin, who, during the 43 minutes we were in the same room, managed to call me a bad word based on one of the shirts I own, and make fun of my favourite beer, using a derogatory racial slur. He really doesn't waste any time, that boy. My grandpa reassured me that you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family! If I could pick my family, I'd probably pick my grandparents though..

I got spend time with some buds, and learn about British Columbian geography. Most importantly, I learned that I am able to put an entire package of gum in my mouth, and chew it, and talk!
It's a fun time, (the pack of gum in your mouth) if anybody is interested in fun. It can be pretty painful.. especially when you're doing this with pepper-mint gum. Kind of a burning in your mouth. But that's just the price you gotta pay for fun I guess. Probably better than cinnamon. I think bubble gum would be impossible, though. Just too big, ya know?

I met some weirdo from Whiterock BC who told me that Whiterock has the most sun per capita. Do you think per capita sun really means anything? It's not like you get less sun when you're around more people, right? Mexico city is probably pretty sunny, but if you take into consideration that they have 20 milion people, one might be pretty confused by the numbers.. like is "hey, is this northern Finland?" NO! just Mex. city.

Now I'd like to bring everybody's attention to Scottish people..
So, I always felt bad for men cause they could never experience the purest bliss known to humankind, ie wearing a skirt. They were stuck with those silly gender specific clothing choices.. like pants. and shorts. only women could take part in such wondrous experiences.. this is what ignorant old me thought.. until I met Scottish men! THey wear kilts! they know what's going on, up, down, ya know. All the others, I'm not so sure.

Also, the second greatest experience known to human kind: carrying a purse. Guys have to use pockets! what a shame. Except the scotsmen once again rise above the heap. They have purses attached to their kilt belt thingys.! GEnIUS! they can now carry around lipstick and cigarettes, even if they don't wear lipstick or smoke, that's really not the point at all, is it?

Good thing I got that Scottish bit off my chest.

Lately I've been a little stressed, for a variety of reasons, most of which are too boring, etc to write about. Most of them are things that are out of my control (as most things are, what a coincidence) and all I can do is be patient, which I am terrible at doing. Although I am learning....

One thing I'm excited about is my roomate is moving in soon, I'm done my job soon, and looking outside, it'll be winter soon. This is exciting cause I get to pull out my scarf collection!!!

No comments: