Monday, May 09, 2005

....LEFT BEHIND.....

Saturday night 2:40am. Amy is sleeping in her comfortable bed after many days without a good nights rest. She hears sounds outside, like drunks yelling, hitting something metal, climbing. She ignores it.. probably it will stop soon, she thinks. Ten minutes later, she can no longer ignore the souds. They are nearer and nearer, it almost sounds like they are right outside her window. She lays awake panicking, wondering what to do. She wishes she had been more proactive in getting herself a phone. Alas, she wasn't, and is phoneless and terrified. She is too frightened to go and look out the window, but suddenly, the voices are no longer outside, but rather inside. She peeks out her window and sees some legs, hanging out her roomates window.. followed by another body climbing inside. All she knows now is that there are several people within the confines of her apartment, and they were not invited. The roomate is at work still, and she can only hear the intruder voices yelling to hurry.

I got dressed and went out to see what the commotion was in my state of shock and fear, and.. it was my brother and 6 of his friends. I went into the bathroom and couldn't control myself from sobbing. My heart was in my throat, and I wanted to vomit.

So, when Descartes said "I think, therefore I am," do you think there was any chance that this also meant "If you don't think, you don't exist?" Cause in that case, I'm sorry to say it, but my oldest little brother doesn't exist.

They turn on music (my music at least, so it was good music) and ordered pizza. Amy's place is the party place?!? My brother did used to live in this apartment, and his friend (who wasn't home) does live here. I used to live in alot of places too, but that old sweet suite on 76th ave and my big old white house on 114th street don't come to mind when I need somewhere to crash after a quality night at the bar.

I guess occasions like these are good, because they make you feel very alive. It's good to experience a full range of emotion as often as possible, just so all your reactions are well exercised..

4 comments:

geekbot said...

Eep! Amy! Don't make your big brother worry like that! Get a phone! (And use it to smack the other brother with.)

Tessa said...

What is wrong with boys!? Smack some sense into him.

Anonymous said...

Were they playing the Chilli Peppers at full volume on repeat as well, playing hack and drinking Miller Lite? Ah Canada Place. Those were fun times.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was me in the previous post. -- Steve McQueen