Wednesday, May 18, 2005

IF tea drinkers and coffee drinkers were to battle it out, who would win???????

Jenn and I recently purchased one ticket each to Shambhala music festival which will be held in Salmo BC in August. Recruitment starts now for an extremely crazy party, complete with hippies and ravers and just regular people looking to have a good time (or weird people looking to have a good time--like us for example)
There's a hologram on the ticket, which is kind of cool and cheesy all at the same time. Hopefully before or after I'll make it out to Vancity to terrorize the locals.

107 Ave has signs on it that say "avenue of nations" and this morning, I think I finally figured out why it's called "avenue of nations" There's tons of people from all over the place! I met a lady from Eritrea, and I didn't even know that was a country. This is very exciting, it's like being in Toronto! Except for there's no H & M. And no Lake Ontario. Gay. We should have a Lake Ontario here, that would be awesome. It could be used for drinking water, sewage disposal and swimming! Okay, I thought I could slow down the the sarcastic remarks on my environmental perspectives, but I can't help myself.
Now that I've already ruined this post, I might as well go all the way. It's time for an ENVIRONMENTAL JOKE!!

What did the baby light bulb say to the mommy lightbulb? "I love you watts and watts"
Okay, it's more of an "energy" joke, but still..

Yesterday i was waiting in line at the money exchange place downtown (Krzesinski is going away, not me..) and there was a couple with a baby in front.. taking forever by the way.... Then, i was in a car crossing the bridge a little while later, and this same couple was in the car next to us...
then 2 hours later, i was in a store on whyte and we bumped into the SAME COUPLE with their baby. It was wacky wild. wacky wacky wild.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll talk later about about Shambala. Maybe I can have an alumni event there!

Re: coffee drinkers vs tea drinkers: I think the coffee drinkers would win because tea drinkers are pacifists and wouldn't defend themselves against our deadly blows of coffee-filled hatred.

-- Steve McQueen

Tessa said...

When is Shambala this year? Is it the same time as last year?

I'll take a gander at my schedule, but if it's the weekend (Aug 12 - 14)I think it is, then I probably won't be able to go (it'll be my last week at work and the weekend my big ass paper is due). Sigh.

amy said...

cecylia claims that it doesn't matter if it's coffee or tea, but just the amount of SUGAR!! in it. I like this idea. cause i like sugar.

shambhala is the weekend you think it is tessa..

what if i'm a pacifist and "layed-back" but love coffee??