Sunday, May 15, 2005

Democracy Being Held Hostage or I'm Wide Awake, it's Evening

Today, the Carbon Busters team drove down to Calgary to visit an ecohouse/sustainable blah blah I don't remember what it's called. Composting toilet, solar collectors, almost all daylighting, solar oven, LED's, a solar dryer. They use rainwater only, and just filter it a couple times...the guy that built it/lives in it/gave the tour thinks it's a bit silly that only 10% of our water needs to be drinkable, yet 100% of it is treated to be drinkable. It was very cool. In the middle of Calgary's urban sprawl, sits this little house that looks very similar to the rest of the houses. If you're even in Calgary.. I recommend it..

My blog has become an ode to Environmentalism.. but really, anybody who lives in the environment and breaths in stuff like air for example and drinks stuff like water for example..should really consider these things.. but then again, I am an arts student, so what do I know? I only took one science class and considered jumping out of the window of 7th floor Tory, just cause the brief flight to the ground would have been less painful than a lab about rocks, dirt or weather.

No comments: