Saturday, January 08, 2005

Serious, who the heck is Prince Edward? And who is Charlotte?

I overslept today, and I'm feeling a big brain-dead.. like I'm groggy and tired even though I slept for 9 hrs so I have no reason to feel tired. I guess this is what it's like to be old. I understand why old people are up so early.

I found out where I'm working, and it will be at the Human Rights Commission. First day is tomorrow. I'm working with Galia, so that's good. I hope, anyways. I'll be seeing her aaaaallll the time, which maybe isn't good. And it's near the water and right downtown, which is good. (so basically, I'm deviding up everything into categories.. good vs. not good. Who says you can't use simple words to describe complex ideas??)
I use the term "downtown" very losely, mostly because this place is only 40 000 people so downtown is about 2 streets. THe best part is that despite the fact that there's only like 10 people in the city, I still manage to get lost.

Today we're going out to one of the host families house to maybe do some snowpeople building/pot luck supper/music playing. It seems that people here are really good at entertaining themselves/eachother. Lots of people are into guitar playing and snowshoeing and that sort of thing. I think there's a strong music tradition, which is pretty cool.

My address is:
Amy Mireault
1 Churchill Ave
Charlottetown PEI
C1A 1Y6
CANADA

One other way that people here entertain themselves is something called "Community Schools" Pretty much every school opens up in the evening and offers courses on everything and anything. I've narrowed my choice down to Cake Decorating or Swedish Weaving. Most people that hear my choices think that I'm joking and that I really will enroll in something honourable and educational like Japanese or Yoga. Little do they know I'm serious. I figure I'll make alot of cakes in my lifetime, and having them well decorated might just make the world a better place. And I'm curious as to what the heck Swedish weaving actually is. If it's as good as Pippy Longstocking, Ikea, ABBA and Swedish Berries, then I'm in.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm re-reading Emily of New Moon for Children's Lit, which takes place in PEI...and you are in PEI...and I'm reading your blog...weeeird.
Amanda

Tessa said...

Didn't we used to have that list about all the awesome things from Sweden in the Sweet Suite?

Totally go for the Swedish weaving class...of course cake decorating sounds good too. Can you do both?

Anonymous said...

Can't you compromise and take a cake weaving class?

-- Steve McQueen