Saturday, March 31, 2007

Trois-Pistoles


This summer I will go to Trois Pistoles UWO French Immersion School for 5 weeks! It's on the St. Lawrence River and people there speak french! I will stay with a host family, which I usually enjoy. I am excited - about learning french, exploring Canada, meeting new people, plus A-man and I will be in Montreal in the same time (not really planned) so we can hang out there fore awhile before I'm off to 3pistols. I am also excited about using the government's money to pay for fun things! I have been trying to do this as much as possible before I start to pay a single penny in taxes.

There is also a beer from Belgium with the same name: Trois Pistoles. I think having a beer with the same name as a town you're going to is a good sign.

Vive le Sprintime!

3 comments:

Amanda D. said...

Hey, that's where I live now (Montreal)! And that's where I did French Camp (3P)! Cool! Are you vegetarian? You should request Aline et Bertrand D'Amour for your eating host (eating and sleeping are often separate) even if you're not...I don't know if she's still doing it, but Aline's food is fantastic, and not everybody's is. If you actually do request her, you have to do it in advance. They also live really close to the school, so you get a hot lunch every day.

It is BEAUTIFUL there but very much NOT warm and dry in May. Bring warm clothes and raingear. I think the brochure tells you to pack "a sweater." That is a lie. Don't believe it. It gets nicer at the beginning of June.

Rent a bike for $50 for the five weeks, but get it from an actual bike shop, not somebody's garage (random people there make money renting crappy bikes for cheap, but the bikes are actually ridiculously crappy and you can get nicer ones for the same price.)

And ask me if you have any questions! I love talking about French Camp. Can you tell? And of course have fun. And let me know if you want to go exploring or for coffee or both or something in Montreal.

amy said...

Wow, Thanks for the info! I send an email to the school requesting that famiily as a food host, we'll see what happens. I'll look into finding a rain jacket also...

I'll definately get your email from Tessa and we can meet up in Montreal on my way to TP.

Anonymous said...

The beer is from Montreal. Hence the name :)