Thursday, February 09, 2006

the earth is not a cold dead place so start wearing purple!!!

I'm a little on the incoherent side of things today. A-man and I decided to drive to Calgary to see Gogol Bordello cause we missed it in Edmonton. One borrowed car, 2 tickets and 1 spontaneous idea.. along with some tim hortons coffee and a well-liked chica in the back-seat..

Gogol Bordello is absolutely nuts. I don't think I can describe it very well, but at one point there was a girl on top of a drum. This very drum was being held up by the audience. And she was playing the drum. I thought my apple breaking skills were impressive.. but in reality they are just pathetic compared to this. As are most things. Plus we got to compare Calgary hipsters to Edmonton hipsters and see Calgary concert etiquette (very cowboy-like)

It's good to see Calgary every once in awhile.. or is it? I'm not sure. I'm edmontonian through and through but sometimes I feel the need to admit that Calgary is more attractive. Not that I'm terrible vain or anything. Okay, maybe I am.

Well, driving back at 1am is.. I actually have no idea how it was cause I was sleeping. But I'm assuming there's not alot of traffic. I think there's something else I'm supposed to do today, but I can't quite be sure. Maybe some type of stimulant-filled beverage would help me out. What makes people start hearing again?

No comments: